View Full Version : My i600 Issues - Any Suggetions?

why1504
01-25-2004, 05:49 PM
Ok, got the i600 about 5 days ago when the Kyocera 7135 died, (Verizon gave it to me for free) Basiclly I like the device and would like to resolve the following things. Here are my problems:

Caller ID - I have 240 contacts, downloaded Photo Contacts demo, time to see ID down from 6 rings if at all to 3 rings, If I buy this will it completly fix my problem?

Is there a Tetris game for the Samsung? Any 4 or 5 key games available?

Is there a way to get this to Wireless Sync automaticlly? I was about to chunk the Kyocera and get a Blackberry(t-Mobile) and cheap phone, I have found an autosync w/ the samsung under e-mail, If I could get my e-mail to sync every hour this would be a perfect solution for me. Is there a way to get this to work?

Also, w/ the Kyocera, almost all the s/w I downloaded caused some kind of issue, I ultimatly deleted it all. Is there a list of s/w that works well w/ the Samsung?

My phone came w/ an sd ram card, there are several s/w packages on it how well do they work? Can I install apps/ data to this card?

Thanks in advance!!

Hank

Santa Fe
01-25-2004, 06:20 PM
Caller ID fix works for some and not for others. My advice is to think about reducing the number of contacts and numbers if this is a big problem for you. I got mine down to about the same number as you have and it works for me.

Not a game player so I don't know but a search on the programs available from the shop/software section of this site will get you plenty to try.

Wireless sync is a seperate plan offered by Verizon. If it is worth the extra cost than go for it. If you don't use that plan you can also have the phone check your e-mail every hour (or 15 minutes, ect.) but be careful because you can quickly use up your minutes depending on your plan. I use the automatic feature after 9pm and on weekends but prefer to manually check at other times.

For fun get a free copy of http://www.connectedbits.com/ for weather reports.

The trial programs on the sd card all work with varing degrees of success depending on your need. Just try them. They are easy to remove (settings/remove programs). The very best in my view is e-wallet. I have my entire life stored there.

why1504
01-25-2004, 07:06 PM
I cut down the contacts down to 240, Will the purchased product work better? I could care less about the photo part.

Can I set the email up to auto download with wireless sync installed? How about over Express Network?

Santa Fe
01-25-2004, 07:20 PM
Like I said it appears that different users get different results. Try and see.

And if you pay for wireless sync the answer is yes.

And if you set the phone to auto check e-mail over Net Express the answer is yes.

Jerry Raia
01-25-2004, 10:37 PM
I have Verizon's unlimited data plan and my phone syncs with my exchange server every 15 minutes. It works really well. :D

why1504
01-26-2004, 05:30 AM
I have Verizon's unlimited data plan and my phone syncs with my exchange server every 15 minutes. It works really well. :D

How did you do this? Please give me details. Thanks!! Sound like this will take me where I need to go.

Jerry Raia
01-26-2004, 05:36 AM
Before we get too far you need either exchanger server 2003, or exchange server and the Mobile Information Server. Do you have either?

why1504
01-26-2004, 05:12 PM
We don't have either.

Santa Fe
01-26-2004, 05:45 PM
All I did was to set up my e-mail account on the phone (had to talk to a Verizon tech to get the account right on their end) then on the phone select Programs/Inbox/Menu/Options/Automatic Synchronization and choose how often ( options are never, every 15 minutes, every half hour, every hour, every two hours, every six hours, once a day), then press done. As I said before it uses your express minutes so frequent checking could turn out to use up all your minutes and begin to be expensive.

aristoBrat
01-26-2004, 08:24 PM
We don't have either.
If you can use POP or IMAP to access your mailbox, like Santa Fe said, you can schedule the phone to automatically sync.

why1504
01-31-2004, 06:28 AM
I have the unlimited data package for Express Network. Verizon helped me set up the i600 to automaticly Active Sync wirelessly. It works 60-75% of the time, When it does not work I have seemed to have to manually force the wireless sync when it fails. For me, updating every hour to burns through batteries. I am reasonably satisfied. Would like to change theme to show last sync time and date. If I can get the caller ID fixed I will be satisfied.

Jerry Raia
01-31-2004, 07:27 AM
We don't have either.
If you can use POP or IMAP to access your mailbox, like Santa Fe said, you can schedule the phone to automatically sync.

There seems to be issues with this when the phone is closed i read somplace. The phone doesnt want to wake up with IMAP or POP3 when its closed.

Jerry Raia
01-31-2004, 07:29 AM
I have the unlimited data package for Express Network. Verizon helped me set up the i600 to automaticly Active Sync wirelessly. It works 60-75% of the time, When it does not work I have seemed to have to manually force the wireless sync when it fails. For me, updating every hour to burns through batteries. I am reasonably satisfied. Would like to change theme to show last sync time and date. If I can get the caller ID fixed I will be satisfied.

Same here, sometimes it doesnt work. I noticed it has to do with connecting, that is it gets hung up when it dials into the network. I've seen that with manual syncs. I sync mine every 15 minutes.

why1504
02-01-2004, 12:42 AM
I reset sync to every 2 hours last night, so far so good. Seems to be syncing as it should be. Battery drain is not as bad.

Hank