View Full Version : C|NET Top 100 Products of 2003

Jason Dunn
01-14-2004, 05:54 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.cnet.com/4520-6022_1-102337-11.html?tag=nav' target='_blank'>http://www.cnet.com/4520-6022_1-102337-11.html?tag=nav</a><br /><br /></div>The Motorola MPx200 wins a C|NET Editors Choice award for the "Best Value Smartphone":<br /><br />"This Windows Mobile smart phone, which offers tight integration with Microsoft Outlook, may not quite match up to Samsung's i600. But this stylish and highly functional mobile costs much less than its competition; with a 2-year service plan, it can be had for $150--and even less in some cases."<br /><br />Way to go Motorola, AT&T, and Microsoft! :way to go:

swbuehler
01-14-2004, 08:44 PM
The Motorola MPx200 wins a C|NET Editors Choice award for the "Best Value Smartphone":

"This Windows Mobile smart phone, which offers tight integration with Microsoft Outlook, may not quite match up to Samsung's i600. But this stylish and highly functional mobile costs much less than its competition; with a 2-year service plan, it can be had for $150--and even less in some cases."

Way to go Motorola, AT&T, and Microsoft! :way to go:

As if they had a choice, as at the time they put their reviews together the i600 and the MPx200 were the only two Windows Mobile smartphones available in the U.S. :D

Mike Temporale
01-14-2004, 08:45 PM
Congrats to everyone involved in getting this device to market.

cNet also has a pretty nice review of the MPx200. I like how they have used a pack of DoubleMint gum as a guide to the actual size of the phone. :roll: Everyone knows that Extra is a better indicator of size. :wink: :lol:

Mike Temporale
01-14-2004, 08:49 PM
As if they had a choice, as at the time they put their reviews together the i600 and the MPx200 were the only two Windows Mobile smartphones available in the U.S. :D

Unless I'm mistaken, the award wasn't limited to Microsoft based Smartphones. It's the whole smartphone market, which includes RIM, Treo, etc...

The award for Best Windows Mobile Smartphone went to the i600. CNET does appear to agree with you on the size of the market:

There aren't a lot of phones running Microsoft's Windows Mobile 2002 OS in the United States, but the Samsung...