View Full Version : Express Network Password problem

Santa Fe
12-28-2003, 07:13 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.xpmce.com/' target='_blank'>http://www.xpmce.com/</a><br /><br /></div>About every ten days or so my i600 "forgets" the Express Network Password even when I check the "remember password" box. Any suggestion on how to prevent this? It is usually when I'm showing off my phone to someone too :D

Macguy59
12-29-2003, 01:14 AM
About every ten days or so my i600 "forgets" the Express Network Password even when I check the "remember password" box. Any suggestion on how to prevent this? It is usually when I'm showing off my phone to someone too :D

Hmmm I've never touched the 1X settings on my phone. I force it to use the 1X service all the time but that's all I've done.

Santa Fe
12-29-2003, 03:08 AM
I wonder if it is a verizon issue. It seems to happen only on off peak times. I'm not messing with the 1X service just using Express Network.

Macguy59
12-29-2003, 03:14 AM
I wonder if it is a verizon issue. It seems to happen only on off peak times. I'm not messing with the 1X service just using Express Network.

I thought 1X and express were one and the same?

Santa Fe
12-29-2003, 04:15 PM
They are the same - just mis read your post. I suspect this has something to do with the availabilty of the service since it mostly happens on off peak times.

Skitals
12-31-2003, 02:46 AM
Are you getting an authorization error, or are you going in and actually finding the field blank? Express Network/1X all comes pre-configured (or it does this during the OTA programming) and you shouldnt have to touch the fields. I have never had this problem.

Santa Fe
12-31-2003, 05:05 PM
It will sometimes show the express network set up screen while trying to connect to the internet or use e-mail and the password will be blank. Its happened a number of times but not with any obvious pattern. Once the password is entered it goes on about its business.

Santa Fe
01-03-2004, 03:53 AM
This seems to only occur when I have a very weak signal or am trying to use the phone in the free weekend/night periods. The phone trys to connect and finally gives up and suggests that I do not have a password.

Sound reasonable?

(it is a drag to live in a low signal area - except for there not being anyone else around :lol: )