View Full Version : Video on motorola mpx200 smartphones

bedison
12-19-2003, 03:49 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.suntimes.com/output/business/cst-fin-home01.html' target='_blank'>http://www.suntimes.com/output/business/cst-fin-home01.html</a><br /><br /></div>does anyone know how to play videos on the motorola mpx200 smartphone? I've copied mpg and wmv files to the unit (SD memory card), but the player never recognizes the files. :roll: I've seen articles which led me to believe this is possible, but just cant seem to figure it out...tks! 8)

Macguy59
12-19-2003, 06:25 PM
does anyone know how to play videos on the motorola mpx200 smartphone? I've copied mpg and wmv files to the unit (SD memory card), but the player never recognizes the files. :roll: I've seen articles which led me to believe this is possible, but just cant seem to figure it out...tks! 8)

Well on the PPC platform there must be a folder called "My Documents" on the storage card. Try that and let us know. BTW, MSSmartphone OS does not come with an MPEG player. However, PocketTV seems to work fine on it.

handyman
01-23-2004, 08:26 PM
I put a video file of my golf swing on my storage card. I placed the .wmv file in a folder called "My Music".

swbuehler
01-25-2004, 03:21 AM
does anyone know how to play videos on the motorola mpx200 smartphone? I've copied mpg and wmv files to the unit (SD memory card), but the player never recognizes the files. :roll: I've seen articles which led me to believe this is possible, but just cant seem to figure it out...tks! 8)

According to the documentation you should be able to place .wma and .wmv files anywhere on the Storage Card and WMP will find it.

Check that you have encoded the file properly.

SWB

handyman
01-28-2004, 06:45 PM
I had to knock down my golf swing .wmv file from Media Player 9 to MP8.

swbuehler
01-29-2004, 08:43 PM
I had to knock down my golf swing .wmv file from Media Player 9 to MP8.

Good point: SmartPhone 2002 does not support Windows Video 9 (it does support Windows Audio 9).

Microsoft recently released encoding profiles for the SmartPhone in its Winter Value Pack for Windows XP.