View Full Version : Playlist order arrangement in WMP

ARW
12-11-2003, 06:06 PM
Anybody know how to arrange songs in a specific order in WMP? I suspect that there is no built-in support for this, but neither can I figure out how WMP is ordering songs. Is there a third party application that could handle this? I'm using an i600, so app locking may be an issue.

TIA,

Al

smittyofdhs
12-11-2003, 06:37 PM
use notepad to create ASX files, then place the ASX file in the start menu:

Here is mine for one CD:

<asx version="3">
<entry><ref href = "\Storage Card\My Documents\my music\Good Charlotte\A New Beginning.wma"/></entry>
<entry><ref href = "\Storage Card\My Documents\my music\Good Charlotte\The Anthem.wma"/></entry>
<entry><ref href = "\Storage Card\My Documents\my music\Good Charlotte\Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous.wma"/></entry>
<entry><ref href = "\Storage Card\My Documents\my music\Good Charlotte\Wondering.wma"/></entry>
<entry><ref href = "\Storage Card\My Documents\my music\Good Charlotte\The Story of My Old Man.wma"/></entry>
<entry><ref href = "\Storage Card\My Documents\my music\Good Charlotte\Girls and Boys.wma"/></entry>
<entry><ref href = "\Storage Card\My Documents\my music\Good Charlotte\My Bloody Valentine.wma"/></entry>
<entry><ref href = "\Storage Card\My Documents\my music\Good Charlotte\Hold On.wma"/></entry>
<entry><ref href = "\Storage Card\My Documents\my music\Good Charlotte\Riot Girl.wma"/></entry>
<entry><ref href = "\Storage Card\My Documents\my music\Good Charlotte\Say Anything.wma"/></entry>
<entry><ref href = "\Storage Card\My Documents\my music\Good Charlotte\The Day That I Die.wma"/></entry>
<entry><ref href = "\Storage Card\My Documents\my music\Good Charlotte\The Young and The Hopeless.wma"/></entry>
<entry><ref href = "\Storage Card\My Documents\my music\Good Charlotte\Emotionaless.wma"/></entry>
<entry><ref href = "\Storage Card\My Documents\my music\Good Charlotte\Movin' On.wma"/></entry>
</asx>

Then you save the file with a ASX extension and save it to \IPSM\Windows\start menu\

cmorris
12-15-2003, 06:37 AM
There is also a freeware app that can create the ASX for you here:
http://homepage.sunrise.ch/mysunrise/sven.rutten/playlist_editor.htm

The UI is a bit clunky but it works well. :)