View Full Version : MPx200 Plays WMA9!

cmorris
12-04-2003, 10:07 PM
Not sure if anyone else has noticed this but even though it comes with SP 2002 which I thought did not support Windows Media 9.

But lo and behold, popped my SD card with a bunch of WMA9 encoded songs on it and they play just fine!

Not that it really matters, but is this something that MS/Moto added onto the build of SP2002 or am I missing something?

Steven McPherson
01-24-2004, 10:12 PM
It actually should by design. I believe that WMA 9 uses the WMA 8 encoder or that hasn't been a change in the actually encoding, accept when it comes to DRM. License protected content WILL NOT play on SP2k2 devices. You will require an upgrade to play licensed content from Napster or MusicNow.

S

swbuehler
01-25-2004, 03:20 AM
Not sure if anyone else has noticed this but even though it comes with SP 2002 which I thought did not support Windows Media 9.

But lo and behold, popped my SD card with a bunch of WMA9 encoded songs on it and they play just fine!

Not that it really matters, but is this something that MS/Moto added onto the build of SP2002 or am I missing something?

SP2002 is able to play unprotected WMA9 files. It cannot play WMV9 video, however (I have tried this).

SWB