View Full Version : i600 ONLY for corporate customers?!

Skitals
11-30-2003, 04:36 PM
I sent verizon and email regarding their data plans and the i600. Here's a snip of what I got back:

I am sorry, but at this time, we are only offering the Samsung I-600 to our Corporate customers who have 100 or more lines on their account.

All I can say is.... HUH??? Then why do they have it on their website and in the stores?

greenmozart
11-30-2003, 05:06 PM
Unless this is a brand new policy it is FALSE. Most likely some misinformed peion.

Macguy59
12-01-2003, 02:25 AM
I am certainly not a corporate customer and yet they sent me one within 48hrs ordering.

Skitals
12-01-2003, 02:40 AM
Yeah, you can order it by calling that phone number, but is it available on anyones Upgrade Phone page? It seems like you can buy the phone with a new plan online, but you cant buy or upgrade to it at a verizon store. Does anyone local verizon store actually have them in stock? I have in my verizon store the other day and they still were "not available."

Its all pretty stupid and inconsistent.

Macguy59
12-01-2003, 02:46 AM
Yeah, you can order it by calling that phone number, but is it available on anyones Upgrade Phone page? It seems like you can buy the phone with a new plan online, but you cant buy or upgrade to it at a verizon store. Does anyone local verizon store actually have them in stock? I have in my verizon store the other day and they still were "not available."

Its all pretty stupid and inconsistent.

It was at a Verizon corporate store that I renewed my contract and ordered the i600 :wink:

robinsonb
12-02-2003, 07:31 PM
I bought mine at the Verizon store locally and it was shipped from "fulfillment". I setup a new Verizon account with the family plan for $59 a month, so I'm not a corporate customer. I don't think any of the stores are stocking the actual phones - they have to be shipped.

b5lurker
12-03-2003, 01:20 AM
I ordered mine over the phone with Verizon on the day the phone became available. I used the upgrade on my wife's phone number to get it since I just upgraded on my line for the Motorola T720 a year ago. No issues at all, they were commenting on how cool the phone was when they saw it a couple of weeks previous to that.

As with most CS operations it is definitely luck of the draw on what kind of rep you will get. If I don't get the answer I am looking for I just hang up and try again. Kind of a pain, but it is the nature of call centers now-a-days.

Steve