View Full Version : Orange UK Not Withdrawing E200 From Channel

Jason Dunn
11-26-2003, 05:46 PM
I contacted Orange after reading a rather serious rumour on another site about the SPV E200 being withdrawn from the retail channel. This was their response:"STATEMENT IN RESPONSE TO REPORTS OF SPV E200 BEING WITHDRAWN FROM SALE IN THE UK: The SPV E200 is not being withdrawn from sale in the UK, contrary to reports on an Internet news site. Orange is not aware of customer complaints regarding software faults, the phone has not been "sent back to the manufacturer" and there are no plans for a recall of the product. Orange continues to market and sell the phone and looks forward to continued success with the SPV range. Orange takes the posting of these false allegations very seriously and is currently considering whether to take any further action."

Mike Temporale
11-26-2003, 06:39 PM
When I read the article outlining all the problems, I was kind of concerned that there was so many issues. I hope (for MS & Orange's sake) that this is a limited problem, with only a couple handsets expereinceing these issues.

ARW
11-26-2003, 07:39 PM
How do we go about getting a direct statement from Verizon about the Caller ID problem on the i600? Not trying to hijack the thread here, but I would like to know how we can get the attention of the carriers in the US.

Is Orange perhaps heads and tails above what's available here (US) in terms of communicating with their customers?

Jason Dunn
11-26-2003, 07:53 PM
Is Orange perhaps heads and tails above what's available
here (US) in terms of communicating with their customers?

By the fact that they actually responded to my email message, yes, I'd say so. :wink:

wocket
11-26-2003, 07:53 PM
I read these reports too and as a E200 user there is a few problems with the phone the biggest in my case is that the battery life totally sucks. I charged at lunchtime and now 6 hours later i'm down to 2 bars with blue tooth switched off and the scree timeout set to 5 seconds. Bluetooth patnerships apperently does'nt work with the pocketpc which is one reason why I waited for the E200 in the first place :evil: .

I phoned Orange and they are going to replace the battery so time will tell on that one.

I asked about the other problems too and the guy said that as far as he was aware there was no other issues.

I do'nt get noise on my speaker as reported by others and I don't have a problem with the joystick (not playing games).. I'm going to check the bluetooth issue later.

I'm still glad I got the phone nothing else should be able to touch it all the specs say great phone. It's just a bit sad that we appear to be the beta testers wether we want to or not.

drew_e
12-05-2003, 05:44 AM
NO PROBLEMO. 2003 O/S has terminated the competitors.

E200 runs like a dream over the past 3 weeks.

I've loaded several apps all of which run smoothly from a 256mb SD card.

I transferred/synced some 600+ phone/fax & email contacts & they sync immediately with the PC using the cradle.

I have not been able to set up the sync via bluetooth with PC yet & haven't yet had the time to follow up the no performance in this area.