View Full Version : can't listen to music with phone closed

wantsimple
11-20-2003, 06:25 AM
One of the reasons I bought this phone was because of the sd card and media player... I thought I could replace an mp3 player in the upgrade. But, everytime I shut the phone media player stops. Any ideas.
p.s. That caller ID issue in the other topic is an abosolute deal breaker also.

TopDog
11-20-2003, 10:22 AM
everytime I shut the phone
What do you mean by "shut the phone" ?

cmorris
11-20-2003, 05:04 PM
everytime I shut the phone
What do you mean by "shut the phone" ?

Since its a clamshell, I assume he means shutting the clamshell.

This is concerning though... I am getting the Moto in the mail soon, and was hoping it would be a good MP3 player. :evil:

ARW
11-20-2003, 05:55 PM
Though my i600 has the Caller ID problem, which is really infuriating, it does not shut down WMP when I close the clamshell. I don't recall a setting for this, but perhaps there is one. Right out of the box mine worked just fine, so maybe you want to return all settings to default and see what happens.

Either that or you received a defective device.

ARW
11-20-2003, 05:55 PM
Sorry for the dupe.

aristoBrat
11-20-2003, 08:29 PM
My MPx200 did NOT do this -- if you started playing MP3s and closed the clamshell, it kept right on playing.

My i600 would only play MP3s closed if a headset was plugged in. If you were using the speaker and closed the clamshell, it stopped playing.

txcas
11-21-2003, 03:59 AM
One of the reasons I bought this phone was because of the sd card and media player... I thought I could replace an mp3 player in the upgrade. But, everytime I shut the phone media player stops. Any ideas.
p.s. That caller ID issue in the other topic is an abosolute deal breaker also.

The phone will continue playing MP3 files even if you close it as long as you use the stereo headset that came with the phone.

TopDog
11-21-2003, 12:49 PM
Since its a clamshell, I assume he means shutting the clamshell.
Sorry, didn't notice... I wish these clamshell's soon would show up in this part of the world too :roll: