View Full Version : Microsoft Money for Pocket PC

n2o
11-19-2003, 09:19 PM
Is anyone use Microsoft money Pocket PC on their smartphone? If not what software is available for the smartphone that syncs with Microsoft money?

brntcrsp
11-19-2003, 09:40 PM
the pocket pc version probably won't work because it's scaled to a completely different device than the smartphone. As for alternatives, none yet, and Neil said that there are no plans to make a Smartphone version so it sounds like it's an open market for 3rd party developers.

swbuehler
12-09-2003, 03:58 AM
Is anyone use Microsoft money Pocket PC on their smartphone? If not what software is available for the smartphone that syncs with Microsoft money?

You can't, because it requires a touch screen and the larger screen of the PPC. Microsoft currently has no intention of porting Pocket Money to SmartPhone (which is a shame). I have considered checking with Ultrasoft (which makes a Palm OS app that syncs with Money) and with LandWare (makers of Pocket Quicken).

Ilium Software has ported eWallet and DockWare to the SmartPhone platform. I would not be surprised to see them also port Keep Track (which exports .QIF files that Money can import) to the platform at some future date.

encece
12-10-2003, 03:03 AM
If a pocket quicken version comes out before a microsoft version of money...I'll switch to quicken to spite microsoft for their bad decision not to support their programs on all of their devices.

swbuehler
12-10-2003, 05:00 AM
If a pocket quicken version comes out before a microsoft version of money...I'll switch to quicken to spite microsoft for their bad decision not to support their programs on all of their devices.

I had actually used Pocket Quicken on my Sony Clié until I found Ultrasoft Money for Palm OS (I prefer MS Money's interaction with MSN Money where I can enter transactions online while I'm on the road and download them later when I get home). I'm really surprised that Microsoft did not port some key apps to Smartphone such as Money and Pocket Streets, but then MS has said all along that Smartphone is first and foremost a phone rather than a PDA ... Pocket PC Phone is foremost a PDA with a phone tacked on, so their choice of supported apps on the two platforms are motivated by that decision.

SWB

encece
12-10-2003, 05:31 AM
I couldnt think of two apps better suited for the Smartphone than Money & PocketStreets. I always have my phone and would always have these apps with me.

The whole notion of "The Smartphone is a phone first & PDA second" really doesnt flush with me. This statement is more of an excuse to explain & excuse any missing pieces that should be included on the device.

If I wanted a phone...I would have bought a Nokia or SonyEriccson.