View Full Version : Different headsets available

ARW
11-18-2003, 03:36 AM
Anyone managed to track down a different headset for the i600? I can't stand the earbuds that the Samsung model comes equipped with.

Ideally I'd like to be able to plug my regular headphones into a hands free unit.

dollardr
11-18-2003, 05:47 AM
The ear buds that were shipped don't seem to fit me very well - can't seem to get the bass or fullness unless I really press them into my ears with my fingers. My Sony headphones that I used to use on my PDA don't fit the jack. Would also be interested in some other options.

coverthawk
11-18-2003, 01:03 PM
Try http://www.pocketpctechs.com/ppcthsa.asp

PocketPC Techs make three audio adapters for the Samsung i500/i600/i700. I purchase the 3.5mm stereo headphone adapter with built in mic and answer button. You can use pretty much any headphones with 3.5mm stereo plugs, and still maintain the ability to use them as a headset. It works great on the i600.

Hope this helps,
coverthawk

ARW
11-18-2003, 07:51 PM
Thanks Covert. That's exactly what I was looking for. I've order an adapter so we'll soon see how it works.

coverthawk
11-18-2003, 08:08 PM
No prob...

I had the adapter setup in my car with my old i700. Had the outputs connected to the car speakers. Worked great as an in car speakerphone (louder than the built in one).