View Full Version : MXP200 in Canada

icopro
11-12-2003, 09:11 PM
Hi

Does anyone know if anyone will be carrying this phone in Canada, or if I buy one without service contract if I can activate it on Rogers or Fido?

madmatt
05-27-2004, 06:54 PM
I had inquired long and hard about this too....with no luck. I am a Rogers wireless customer and had a Motorola Timeport 280, with a SIM card. Our company is a Microsoft Certified Partner and after talking to our Microsoft Partner Rep about the availability of a Motorola Smartphone in Canada, I eventually decided to purchase a MPX200 on eBay that was Unlocked, you must make sure that it is triband (900/1800/1900 mhz), even though 850 mhz is recommended for Rogers here. I purchased mine from goredskins92, and was very satisfied with the purchase, exactly as described. Once I received my phone I put in my SIM card and charged it, and it was automatically active on my Rogers account. I am very happy with my purchase and am only sad that it does not currently have an upgrade to 2003 yet. I went to Rogers and showed them the phone and was told that only 2 existed in Edmonton, mine and the Motorola rep. I was also told that they might be carrying the phone in a few months, but who knows, I heard that so many times before.

Good luck!!!