View Full Version : uh guys...

WintermuteX
11-12-2003, 07:26 AM
i have some GREAT news for all of you. I have just installed and run a number of apps which require an unlocked smartphone and they ran FINE on my i600. tested pocket tv, pocketsnes (almost playable!!), as well as the scummvm engine. aparently either my unit is special or got dropped on its bum and the locking fell out or they are shipping unlocked.

iJITSU
11-12-2003, 04:26 PM
Thanks good news. I really want Pocket TV for the i600 so if it runs fine, that's excellent to hear.

TopDog
11-14-2003, 11:20 AM
Hopefully they have learned by the flames Orange got from locking the SPV... don't know what they where thinking about, the hole point of a MS SmartPhone is to install the apps YOU want to use!?!?

ARW
11-14-2003, 06:04 PM
I would now agree that the i600 is no app locked. However, there is a suspected bug somewhere that prevents some un-certified apps from running. This is why some of us originally thought the phone was app locked. We just happened to experiment with the apps that trigger the bug.

encece
11-15-2003, 05:15 AM
Is the phone not app locked an unable to install some software?
Or is the Phone App Locked and incorrectly allowing some programs to be installed?

I believe the first statement is true...but it is inconsistent. I can load many apps but not others like SmartExplorer...but other users are able to load it just fine. Depressing.

I wish the techs at Verizon would figure out how to use the phones so that they can start fixing some problems.