View Full Version : SPV E200 In the US?

Robert Levy
11-11-2003, 10:59 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.brighthand.com/article/SPV_E200_Gets_FCC_Approval' target='_blank'>http://www.brighthand.com/article/SPV_E200_Gets_FCC_Approval</a><br /><br /></div>Brighthand is reporting that HTC has just received approval from the FCC to release the SPV E200 in the US. "While this means HTC can legally offer this model, whether it is actually available in the U.S. is up to the wireless carriers. It is not yet known if any of them intend to offer this device."<br /><br />While it would be great to have a US carrier sell the E200, I wouldn't expect this to happen any time soon. The E200 is *just* about to be released in Europe and, as the past 13 months have made very clear, this industry moves much faster on the other side of the pond.

encece
11-11-2003, 11:13 PM
T-Mobile would be a prime candidate for this one I would think. Keep an eye out to see if TMobile Germany will offer this...if so, it's a good bet the TMobile US will.

possmann
11-12-2003, 02:13 AM
:bad-words:
Frankly I'm getting sick and tired of everyone else BUT the US getting this hot new technology... Why won't they release it globally?" Īt's up to the carrier" geesh! Gimmie a break

If I want to shell out a couple of extra bucks to get an unlocked phone, drop my SIMM card in there, then I should be allowed to do so - without having to worry about waiting for the carriers... I should be able to purchase these phones directly from the manufacturer just like I can a PC.

I can buy OS Software indpendant of the computer system I am purchasing, elect to upgrade that OS software so long as the ahrdware meets the requirements... when are we going to start pushing back on the carriers to get them to operate more like computer hardware vendors in the case of these types of devices?

end of rant

Can't wait for the Smartphone 2003 OS to be availble IN THE US - especially on the Motoroloa - I could care less about waiting for the carrier as if I did, it would cost me about a hundered bucks less than if I just pruchased an unlocked one outright and I'd have to wait months before it even became availble...