View Full Version : removing certification

WintermuteX
11-11-2003, 09:47 PM
do you think this is possible on the i600? I have not tried yet but what if one were to follow the instructions for unlocking the spv? any thoughts? i kinda really needa run some apps that arent certed to get full usability from this handset. especially m$'s remote powertoy for setting everything up and managing the phone while its in cradle.

encece
11-11-2003, 11:17 PM
I doubt very much that the SPV method will work...especially since the files that you change on the SPV are not present on the i600. I did a quick look and didnt find anything similar. Let us know if you see something different

The Remote program you mentioned above works on the i600 without problems.

encece
11-17-2003, 02:50 AM
I take that back...I found the file mxip_operator_100.provxml and edited the values similar to the way the SPV was originally unlocked.

But my PC doesnt recognize the phone in time after a hard reset to drop the file back in.

Is there any other way to access the phone to allow this other than thru active sync?

WintermuteX
11-17-2003, 04:11 PM
that diddnt work becuase the rom is different, dont mess or you could twonk your phone. the i600 is partially locked, much like the e200., you can run uncertified apps but not ones that mess with certain parts of the reg, those wont install. examples: midnight's tweak pack, smartexplorer, regedit.. etc.. and mostlikely any programs that mess with network.

encece
11-17-2003, 07:29 PM
Nothing a little hard reset won't fix. :wink:

ctitanic
10-19-2005, 08:21 PM
Guys in working in a little tool to remove the restrictions in SP that do not allow users to run uncertified appliacations.

If anybody want to test it, please send me an email to ctitanic at tweaks2k2.com

TIA