View Full Version : tmobile ?

possmann
11-10-2003, 05:11 PM
Any one have any idea if t-mobile is going to offer this phone anytime in the future?

encece
11-11-2003, 02:48 AM
No idea...I heard they are offering the e200...but that could change.
You can get the Motorola...unlock it...and use it just fine with T-Mobile.

possmann
11-11-2003, 05:39 PM
that is probably what I will end up doing. l was hoping to see if anyone here had any "insider" information...

technopimp
11-11-2003, 07:40 PM
No idea...I heard they are offering the e200...but that could change.
You can get the Motorola...unlock it...and use it just fine with T-Mobile.
Do you have any idea when they will be offering the E200? I've been waiting, shall we say, a while to be able to buy a Smartphone in the US and really want either the E200 or the MPX200, and I'm guessing that from T-Mobile it would be considerably cheaper than buying from Tek-n-toys. Speaking of, is there any other place that is currently selling either model for a more reasonable price?

encece
11-11-2003, 07:49 PM
depends on what you call reasonable.
The MPx200 isnt that expensive and you can get it unlocked to run on TMobile.

technopimp
11-11-2003, 07:51 PM
Well, they're selling it for $558. That's about $40 less than I paid for my T-mobile Pocket PC Phone Edition. To me, that's too much. Are you saying buy an AT&T locked one and unlock it? The only problem with that is by the time I pay the extra fees for not getting it activated (and the fact that all of the rebates involve getting AT&T service) it comes out to almost $500 anyway.

encece
11-11-2003, 08:27 PM
The a gently used SPV or e100 from ebay may be your best bet.

aristoBrat
11-11-2003, 08:49 PM
Well, they're selling it for $558. That's about $40 less than I paid for my T-mobile Pocket PC Phone Edition. To me, that's too much. Are you saying buy an AT&T locked one and unlock it? The only problem with that is by the time I pay the extra fees for not getting it activated (and the fact that all of the rebates involve getting AT&T service) it comes out to almost $500 anyway.
Amazon will sell it to you for $400 (with no contract/rebate/etc).
It's $20 to get it unlocked.
You're still more than $100 away from $558. :D

technopimp
11-11-2003, 09:25 PM
Amazon will sell it to you for $400 (with no contract/rebate/etc).
It's $20 to get it unlocked.
You're still more than $100 away from $558. :D
Hmm...I guess you're right. Is there any danger in getting it unlocked?

aristoBrat
11-11-2003, 09:27 PM
Only that you might drive yourself crazy waiting for the unlock code to be emailed back to you. ;)

I unlocked 2 MPx200's <and ended up sending them both back because I couldn't get a T-Mo signal where I live> without any incident.

Your phone will still have some AT&T icons on it, but if you search around, you can find ways to get rid of 'em.

technopimp
11-11-2003, 09:29 PM
Only that you might drive yourself crazy waiting for the unlock code to be emailed back to you. ;)

I unlocked 2 MPx200's <and ended up sending them both back because I couldn't get a T-Mo signal where I live> without any incident.

Your phone will still have some AT&T icons on it, but if you search around, you can find ways to get rid of 'em.
Do you do unlocking? Sorry to be like this, I've bought a lot of unlocked phones but have never actually done it (or had it done) before, so I'm not exactly sure what's involved.

aristoBrat
11-11-2003, 09:33 PM
http://www.gsmphonesource.com/products/customer/product.php?productid=406&cat=38&page=

That's what I used.

technopimp
11-12-2003, 07:01 PM
http://www.gsmphonesource.com/products/customer/product.php?productid=406&cat=38&page=

That's what I used.
Thanks...will check it out.