View Full Version : Consolidation time - need some quick advice

csterns
11-10-2003, 04:52 PM
I'm ready to take the plunge and need some advise. I'd like to ditch my HP2215 and current cell phone and consolidate it into a Smartphone. However some things that I'd be concerned about the consolidation are note taking (not that extensive just name and phone number or reminder), eBooks and some limited music and Mapopolis. Will I be able to carry all this with me? I do have a Tablet PC but for obvious reasons some of this would be took awkward to carry out using it. Any thoughts?

Also, the lack of Bluetooth is a struggle since I have that now on my cell phone which I really enjoy. I guess I'd have to be tethered to a wired BT Headset if I decided to go that route. Can't afford not to the headset due to all the calls I make.

Thanks in advance for the help.

erinl
11-14-2003, 12:09 AM
I too would like to consolidate my old HP Jornada 547 and Nokia 3560 to a smartphone or Pocket PC phone, but not sure which would be better. I really don't need bluetooth or a camera, but would like the ability to take notes and sync them with Outlook notes and even view Word docs. I've played with the MPx200 and I am impressed. Is there a way to get around the t9 predictive text input?

My cell company is currently AT&T here in the Portland, OR area and I'm pretty satisfied with them. Thanks for any advice you could give!

Luzerman
11-14-2003, 03:18 AM
I am a heavy PDA user. I recently picked up an MPx200 with the hope that I could ditch my PDA, cell phone, and possibly laptop on certain excursions. I found that it was not going to be possible to do so.

The MPx200 is a great phone. It is nice to be able to look up websites directly from the phone and it can replace the PDA when I don't need to have note taking ability or the ability to write e-mails or input data.

I also read Peanut Press eBooks avidly but so far there is no Palm Reader for Smartphone. I can start leaving the PDA home much more often once that happens.

I think your mileage may vary though if you do not input data regularly or if you can actually get T9 to recognize your words on a regular basis then you may be able to get by without having a more robust data entry method.