View Full Version : SPVx (Tanager) for Under $500 USD

Jason Dunn
10-15-2003, 11:35 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://estore.shopplex.com/app/storefront.aspx?cat_id=9&inv_id=30616170050203&modid=30214092059015&aid=5' target='_blank'>http://estore.shopplex.com/app/storefront.aspx?cat_id=9&inv_id=30616170050203&modid=30214092059015&aid=5</a><br /><br /></div>If you've been waiting for Smartphones to drop in price before grabbing one, check this out: our affiliate partner Tek 'n Toys has 25 SPVx units in stock, and they've $498 USD - and they'll ship anywhere in the world. Act fast if you want one!

seanhanley
10-16-2003, 02:21 AM
meanwhile it's $399 US at www.gsmphonesource.com

http://www.gsmphonesource.com/products/customer/home.php?cat=17

IntelligentDumbPhone
10-16-2003, 09:26 AM
yeah seriously.. $498 seems pretty expensive. i dont think having an article about it being $2 under $500 is anything special. sounds like someones just trying to make a quick buck through referals :wink:

cough cough cough

cough

Mike Temporale
10-16-2003, 01:12 PM
This isn't the new SPV... :(

I almost built a brick house in my shorts when I read this. :lol:

Jason Dunn
10-16-2003, 03:30 PM
meanwhile it's $399 US at www.gsmphonesource.com

http://www.gsmphonesource.com/products/customer/home.php?cat=17

Why is it that they have the SPV for MORE money than the SPVx? Well, either way, they certainly have good prices, I'll give them that. :-)

Jason Dunn
10-16-2003, 03:32 PM
yeah seriously.. $498 seems pretty expensive. i dont think having an article about it being $2 under $500 is anything special. sounds like someones just trying to make a quick buck through referals

$498 is the lowest price I had seen until GSM PhoneSource, and the price drop was more than $2, or I wouldn't have posted on it. ;-) As for making money through affiliates, absolutely - this site has made $78 though TribalFusion in advertising dollars since it launched (ie: diddly squat), and I have hosting bills to pay, so you'll have to excuse me if I try to earn income in other ways. :wink:

Mike Temporale
10-16-2003, 03:39 PM
Jason, If you don't mind me asking...

How does TF work? are you paid for each ad served? or is it for each ad that is clicked? Just curious.

Jason Dunn
10-16-2003, 04:15 PM
How does TF work? are you paid for each ad served? or is it for each ad that is clicked? Just curious.

Tribal Fusion pays us for each ad served, but it's usually a very low amount. As the Smartphone market grows I hope to have "real" advertisers buying ads on the site. :-)

freitasm
10-17-2003, 12:08 AM
yeah seriously.. $498 seems pretty expensive. i dont think having an article about it being $2 under $500 is anything special. sounds like someones just trying to make a quick buck through referals

$498 is the lowest price I had seen until GSM PhoneSource, and the price drop was more than $2, or I wouldn't have posted on it. ;-) As for making money through affiliates, absolutely - this site has made $78 though TribalFusion in advertising dollars since it launched (ie: diddly squat), and I have hosting bills to pay, so you'll have to excuse me if I try to earn income in other ways. :wink:

Completely off topic, but here it goes... Jason is right. Running a website with quality content is not cheap in any way. Hosting, development, support, news mining, replying to users' private messages, keeping everyone cool when things heat up.

These are tangible (hosting, development) and time-only costs. I use Amazon, Handango and Google on Geekzone, and it's because of them that I can put so much effort into the site.

I don't think it's wrong, since it's relevant to the main content.

What's more interesting is that I have a "Donate" button in my site - and some users see the value of my work and donate. I actually have a good feeling when an e-mail arrives from Paypal, because it means that (regardless of how much was donated) someone recognises the work.

My NZ$0.02 worth.