View Full Version : I've bought a Smartphone 2003!!

hmcheung
08-30-2003, 05:53 PM
Finally I have a real Smartphone 2003 for testing my .Net CF apps! It's just super cool ~
it's a dopod and I bought it in Mainland China (I'm from Hong Kong), the OS is in simplified chinese, hope it won't cause a big problem. It costs me around HK$4300. I asked the sales and she said it's arrived at 12 Aug already.
OK, try out my first app now ~~ :lol:

Jason Dunn
09-01-2003, 03:05 AM
Really? Wow. 8O Tell us more! :-D

hmcheung
09-01-2003, 01:55 PM
it's a great device ~
I've tried the play shooting games on it, really cool, just like playing arcade games. The media player is also nice. I've tried to play some film trailers there, the sounds are great.
I've just applied for an unlimited GPRS plan yesterday, and now I can browse internet at any time anywhere!
The device is very much like QTEK, with an external camera. But of course, dopod is with .NET CF inside ~ I've tried deployed the CompactNav in the SDK to the device and it's working. Quite simple, and now I can browse the file struture on the device ~

gavenraj
09-01-2003, 06:29 PM
Where in Mainland China did you buy the dopod? Does the dopod support Bluetooth? How much is the phone in RMB or USD?

Thanks,

Gavenraj

Finally I have a real Smartphone 2003 for testing my .Net CF apps! It's just super cool ~
it's a dopod and I bought it in Mainland China (I'm from Hong Kong), the OS is in simplified chinese, hope it won't cause a big problem. It costs me around HK$4300. I asked the sales and she said it's arrived at 12 Aug already.
OK, try out my first app now ~~ :lol:

hmcheung
09-02-2003, 04:11 PM
Hi I bought it in shen zhen, in RMB it's around 4580. I don't think it supports bluetooth. I've tried the MSN Messenger and it's working quite nice!