View Full Version : Jenneth Reviews Tanager Case from Piel Frama

Robert Levy
08-23-2003, 06:08 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.jenneth.info/archives/000326.html' target='_blank'>http://www.jenneth.info/archives/000326.html</a><br /><br /></div>"In my opinion, mobile phones are much easier to drop than PDAs. This is coming from first-hand experience, having dropped many, many mobile phones over the years and not that many PDAs (thank goodness!). When holding a PDA, you tend to rest it on the palm of your hand while gripping either side with your fingers - a mobile phone, on the other hand, is usually held only with your fingers, with partial support at the base of your palm, depending on the size of the phone. Recently I was unlucky enough to drop my Qtek 7070 while walking along a concrete pavement. This was when I was using a holster-style case (also made by Piel Frama) and I had just finished talking on the phone. As I was walking, I attempted to replace the phone back in the holster and as I though it was safely in, I let go of the phone. SMASH! I actually witnessed my pride and joy (at this point it was only a few days old) crash to the cement, actually bounce, with the SD card flying out underneath a car. Needless to say I was absolutely beside myself and had to be comforted by random passers-by. At that point I knew that I needed a solid leather case for my phone that provided all-over protection and that allowed me to talk on the phone while using it. That day or not long after, I contact Piel Frama about their new Qtek 7070 case."<br /><br />Check out the article for photos and her thoughts on this case.

goofy166
08-24-2003, 02:54 PM
I bought the same case from Peil Frama. Its very pretty and I get a lot of ohs and ahs from friends.

However if you use the belt clip and snap the case to it, the case and phone can spin around (it uses the standard clips that most US cases use where the case snaps into the clip). Now if you have the leather flap unbuttoned and the case twirls 180s. the top of the case ends up pointing down and the phone may slide out and hurl itself to the ground, :oops: like the one did to the reviewer. They shouod have made the flap use some kind of velcro attachement so it always clings to the case, even after you have taken the phone out. I plan to modify my case by addng a thin velcro stip around the border to do just that.