View Full Version : Has this happened to you--SmartPhone Freezing in its cradle?

goofy166
08-02-2003, 06:20 AM
Does your phone ever lock up in its cradle? :oops: Tonight I had an appiontment alert and when I tried to dismiss it none of the keys would work. The power button would not turn the device off. I had to remove the battery to shut it down. I had to remove the battery twice before it would work correclty.

I have an i-mate phone and its been fine except yesterday all of the 3rd party programs stopped working and gave me an error message that they where not properly digitally signed. I had to reformat the phone and reinstall everything.

Mitch

ppcsurfr
08-04-2003, 03:04 PM
That's odd...

The i-Mate does not require digitially signed applications....

Did you by any chance forget to write in your Owner's name in the Owner's field?

Some applications won't install if your name is not in the Smartphone's Owner field... just like a Pocket PC... you can find this under settings...

Mabuhay! ~ Carlo

goofy166
08-04-2003, 03:31 PM
Hey Carlo, maybe that is it, I did not have my name in the owner field but I put it in and I'll see if that makes a difference, thanks again.

Kris Kumar
08-04-2003, 06:22 PM
Phone lock up...well I have noticed my Red E (MS developer kit) phone does that if it is connected to the PC via the cradle/USB and I reboot my PC !! The PC reboot freezes the phone...

ppcsurfr
08-04-2003, 07:32 PM
Well, apparently mine freezes with ROM version 1.5.0.28... and I know the previous ROM version 1.3.7.8 never did...

So I hope they address this in the next ROM update... BTW, I'm running a Tanager.

Mabuhay! ~ Carlo

mcsouth
08-06-2003, 02:06 PM
I haven't had my phone freeze in the cradle yet (I've only had it for a few days so far...), but I have noticed that I only have about a 50% chance of it syncing the first time I drop it in the cradle. Most days, I will dock it, it will beep on the desktop and start the sync process, and will (after about 20 seconds) indicate that it is not connected. Usually undocking and redocking immediately is enough to make it go.

Incidently, I upgraded from ActiveSync 3.5 directly to 3.7 when I installed my phone - my Jornada stills syncs first time, every time, but this phone sure is fussy.............