View Full Version : Good news! Motorola Smartphone could be launched soon for AT&T!!!

sebset
08-01-2003, 12:19 PM
You should have a look at digitimes.com ;)

About Chi Mei Smartphone, they said today in a article:

"According to industry sources, the CMCS Smartphone will be launched by Motorola in the third quarter, possibly for AT&T Wireless Services. In the US GPRS market, it appears that Cingular is heading in the Handspring Treo 600 and/or Java direction and T-mobile may be working with HTC for a branded device."

"It is believe that the CMCS Smartphone is based on Texas Instruments (TI) OMAP 510 reference design, the same platform used in the Orange SPV. CMSC is known to have a close relationship with TI and is involved in TI Wanda’s (Wireless Any Network Digital Assistant) project as well."

http://www.digitimes.com/NewsShow/Article.asp?datePublish=2003/08/01&pages=PR&seq=209

:D

ShivShanks
08-05-2003, 10:39 PM
"According to industry sources, the CMCS Smartphone will be launched by Motorola in the third quarter, possibly for AT&T Wireless Services. In the US GPRS market, it appears that Cingular is heading in the Handspring Treo 600 and/or Java direction and T-mobile may be working with HTC for a branded device."

Methinks you are getting your hopes too high. It says third quarter so considering the way the cellular industry works it would actually be only the 4th quarter. Also it says "possibly" AT&T. It sounds like grasping at any good news that comes about. Unless AT&T itself says publically that they are launching the 3rd Qtr I would be very skeptical of any claims. And OH BTW AT&T was last year supposed to be launching SmartPhones in Q1 2003. Unless you want to set up yourself to some major disappointments, don't think that the Smartphone will launch realistically before Christmas. In fact someone from Sprint (obviously biased) was insinuating that Verizon wouldn't really be able to launch Smartphones till early next year. Obviously I have no idea if that is really true. Mark my words these companies move like dinosaurs and half the time they themselves aren't sure what to do.