View Full Version : Kirusa Teams With Nuance to Deliver a Comprehensive Suite of Multimodal Solutions

Jason Dunn
07-31-2003, 04:30 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release_html_b1?release_id=55974' target='_blank'>http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release_html_b1?release_id=55974</a><br /><br /></div>"Kirusa, the leading provider of multimodal platforms enabling wireless applications delivery, today announced availability of a comprehensive suite of multimodal solutions designed to run on speech recognition software from Nuance (NASDAQ: NUAN), the speech experts. Powered by Nuance’s award winning Nuance 8.0 speech recognition software and Nuance Vocalizer 3.0 text-to-speech software, and by the Kirusa multimodal platform, the multimodal solutions will enable wireless carriers and service providers to offer applications such as directory assistance, messaging, and field force automation, with integrated voice and visual interfaces. Such solutions allow wireless phone and PDA users to access information by simply speaking a command or using visual inputs such as typing or tapping with a stylus. The application results are then delivered visually on the wireless device screen, by voice, or through innovative combination of both voice and visual modes."<br /><br />The article goes on to state that the Microsoft Smartphone platform will be supported, along with Symbian, Brew, Palm, and other mobile platforms. This sounds like it's something carriers would use, but what got me excited is that the Smartphone was listed (heck, it was first in the list!). When a company decides to support a platform, that means it's on their radar and has enough traction to warrant a solution. Let's hope this trend continues. :way to go:

spg
08-01-2003, 05:07 AM
I agree, lets hope this trend continues. It is great to see companies starting to be ready to support the platform... hopefully this will lead to more of the same type of thing.

As a side note... I had to read the title of this post several times before the "wha??" look wiped off of my face. :D