View Full Version : SprintPCS Smartphones???

Wuss912
07-29-2003, 06:13 PM
anyone have any ideas about possable SprintPCS smartphones?
also anyone have any idea when smartphone 2003 comes out?
:?: :?:

ShivShanks
08-01-2003, 12:41 AM
anyone have any ideas about possable SprintPCS smartphones?
also anyone have any idea when smartphone 2003 comes out?
:?: :?:

From what I have heard back from SprintPCS people when asked specifically: Definitely not this year. Maybe sometime in 2004 and that too was very vague. Doesn't look like SprintPCS is hungho about Smartphones at all. A lot of SprintPCS folks aren't even aware such a thing exists! Some of them think its the PocketPC version. Forget SprintPCS if you want MS Smartphone. They are really backwards. It seems Verizon is going to move faster in this regards as far as CMDA goes. Or AT&T Wireless for GSM/GPRS.

I tell you all these phone operators are really scared of letting Microsoft enter their main phone business (and not PDA) and deliberately going slow. Once they see how many people want these they'll have egg on their faces seeing those carriers that embraced Smartphones are doing so much better. Lets see how long they can be in disbelief and keep it away for thier own political agendas without caring two hoots about what the customer wants.

In any case I have really given up hopes of seeing SmartPhones launch before Christmas time and I suggest all of you do the same if you don't want to end up being disappointed majorly. All this talk about a fall launch is just that: talk. It now seems no one will launch realistically till Nov-Dec. Its frustrating how dinosaur like these companies move.