View Full Version : T-Mobile T-Zones

bugsy
07-28-2003, 12:31 PM
Has anybody been able to access the T-Zones homepage from their Smartphone? I just purchased a Tanager and I have GPRS up and running, however whenever I try to access the T-Zones page I get a page not found error. Every other page I try to find seems to work fine including smartphonethoughts :D Any help would be appreciated. If I swap my sim back to my "normal" phone I am able to once again access the t-zones page.

Kris Kumar
07-28-2003, 04:35 PM
no success here...

I too would like to know if somebody has been able to get it working..and with what settings..

pdantic
07-28-2003, 06:16 PM
Although I'm a T-Mobile Subscriber and a Tanager user, I have never "hit" the T-Zones home page - even when I was using T-Mobile's GPRS service with my Pocket PC Phone. Send me the URL for that page, and I'll see if I can get it to come up on my unit.

Strangely enough, one page that I HAVE been having some difficulty with lately is the MSN Passport "Sign In" page. It worked great for a couple of weeks and now I'm getting a "Page Not Found" error.

Kris Kumar
07-28-2003, 06:27 PM
Here it is...

http://wap.myvoicestream.com

BTW I was just checking my Phone Connection Settings...it seems I havent specified the DNS servers...so maybe thats what is is causing the Page not found...

I will check that out...

Kris Kumar
07-28-2003, 06:50 PM
MSN Sign In problem...

Couple of things...

I hope u have tried the 'clear the cache and cookies'..

Another thing...T-mobile has this internet accelerator..which instead of speeding up web page download...slows it down. so it should be turned off. The T-mobile accelerator is a proxy server...which tones down the graphics etc...and that can at times mess things up...Its better to access the web site direct...

Here's how to disable the accelerator...
From ur phone browse to
http://getmorespeed.t-mobile.com

And the first radio button option for the accelerator...select 'off'.

From now on ur should be able to browse faster..as well avoid some site access problems.

medic119
07-29-2003, 09:02 PM
I get a 503 error when accessing the site via Pocket IE over my T-Mobile Internet account via Bluetooth.

spg
07-29-2003, 11:46 PM
What exactly is T-Zones? I've seen that mentioned before, but not being a T-mobile subscriber I'm curious as to what that is.

medic119
07-30-2003, 12:33 AM
T-Zones is T-Mobiles name for what is basically WAP customized to offer T-Mobile specifics in one place (Emails, etc)

Kris Kumar
07-30-2003, 12:36 AM
T-Zones is WAP/WML based portal for accessing News, Weather, and other internet junk...primarily meant for Phones with WAP/WML browser. Also T-Mobile has plan by the same name which has very limited data download restriction...meant for solely wap/wml browsing.

MS Smartphone with color browser and big screen makes it possible to access regular internet web sites.

But If we can get the T-Zones working on the MS smartphones...then we can get faster access to some info..at the cost of graphics/heavier download.

Glad that T-Mobile has a plan for unlimited internet access !!

spg
07-30-2003, 01:48 AM
Ahh... Ok. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

pdantic
08-01-2003, 04:15 PM
I tried clearing the cache and cookies, then hit MSN Mobile again. That definitely did the trick! Thanks for that piece of advice; I was beginning to think I'd never see my Hotmail again! :lol: There's one for the Smartphone FAQ!

I was NOT able to get to T-Zones at all. As you said, Kris, it's a good thing they have an "all you can eat" data plan now.