View Full Version : What is Red e v10531? (made by Compal)

sebset
07-23-2003, 10:59 AM
Salut !

Have a look to this topic:
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=170752

Do you have more info? 8O

bye
Sebset

David McNamee
07-23-2003, 02:25 PM
It's the phone that comes with the developer kit. (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/information/devprograms/smartphonedevkit/default.mspx) It is a pre-production model.

Robert Levy
07-23-2003, 02:43 PM
Salut !

Have a look to this topic:
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=170752

Do you have more info? 8O

bye
Sebset

It's the one we have a HUGE picture of on the front page ;)

spg
07-24-2003, 01:38 AM
It's the one we have a HUGE picture of on the front page ;)
And huge it is... I think that is like three times life size on my monitor. If the phone is really that big, I don't want it. :wink:

ppcsurfr
07-25-2003, 07:22 AM
Compal Smartphone is slightly taller tha the HTC Smartphones and a bit wider too... but if you're talking about thickness? Well this thing is half the thickness of the HTC Smartpones.

It's faster too.

Mabuhay! ~ Carlo

MkollUK
07-25-2003, 09:15 AM
Are there any reviews of it on the web?

spg
07-25-2003, 05:50 PM
Compal Smartphone is slightly taller tha the HTC Smartphones and a bit wider too... but if you're talking about thickness? Well this thing is half the thickness of the HTC Smartpones.

It's faster too.
He he, I was just joking about what it looked like on a rather large monitor here... In reality it looks like a nice phone, although the I don't like the antenna sticking up like that much.

ppcsurfr
07-26-2003, 03:46 AM
He he, I was just joking about what it looked like on a rather large monitor here... In reality it looks like a nice phone, although the I don't like the antenna sticking up like that much.

Hehe :lol:

I know... and since the unit isn'treally available to the public, unless thorugh the developer kit, I took the oportunity to give a short description of it.

I did a review on it but didn't post it since it might not be released to the public with the current OS...

With a real StronARM processor, this thing runs faster than the OMAP ones... and runs hotter too... The back end of the phone gets hot! 8O

The implementation of te 2speaker system just works great. One for the earpiece and one for alerts... 8)

Mabuhay! ~ Carlo

David McNamee
07-26-2003, 03:59 AM
I did a review on it but didn't post it since it might not be released to the public with the current OS...

If you do decide to post it, be sure to mention which ROM you were on. 1055 seems a have cleared the last of my issues.

MkollUK
07-26-2003, 10:16 AM

Have you got any photos of it showing size comparison with other phones? Is it pretty stable or still full of bugs?

I'm trying to decide whether to get an SPV in the UK and unlock it or whether to get the developer kit.

cheers,
Tom