View Full Version : Canadian Samsung i700 ?

noelfoster
07-18-2003, 02:55 AM
I've been patiently waiting for the right Smartphone to come along so I can merge my Jornada and cellphone . Has anyone heard any rumors of a Samsung i700 being offered in Western Canada ?
Walter Thompson
Edmonton Alberta

Jason Dunn
07-18-2003, 04:36 AM
Only Telus would offer that (CDMA), but I've heard that Telus will be carrying the i700, so there's a good chance they'll carry the Samsung Smartphone too! As to when that will be, who knows...Telus isn't exactly known for their speed of device deployment... :wink:

noelfoster
07-20-2003, 03:04 AM
I was actually in visiting a Bell store today, and they expect to be carrying it (Possibly under a different model number, i600) late 3rd quarter this year. Could be interesting to follow.

rubberdemon
07-23-2003, 04:16 AM
Howardforums is a good source for Canadian info about cellphones - and a couple of months back I came across a post there saying they will carry the i700, but considering how long it took them to carry the Thera (long after it was clear to anyone in the know that it was to be avoided), I can only speculate that it will be fall or later before it arrives.

Rogers AT&T signed a deal with Microsoft to work together on PocketPC and SmartPhones. So far, they made a limited number of XDAs (As the Siemens SX56) available to enterprise customers at about $900 CDN (ouch), and there's no word on SmartPhone availablity. I assume they'll release one in the next few quarters, but which one and when is anyone's guess. I have a friend who works there but he hasn't heard anything - he's not in the right department though, so that doesn't mean too much...

rubberdemon
07-23-2003, 04:17 AM
Oh, and I think if anyone carries something like the i700 here, the price will be absurdly high - for some reason CDN PDA Phones are much more expensive than the US offerings. Urk :evil:

Chris Edwards
07-30-2003, 03:36 AM
Don't take this to the bank, but I've heard a few rumours suggesting that Rogers will be releasing the Motorola we've been seeing a lot lately. I have no idea what the time frame is though. The information comes from a trusted source, but sometimes that doesn't matter...