View Full Version : Use a Smartphone? Help Gizmodo!

Eric Lin
07-16-2003, 08:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.gizmodo.com/archives/007585.php#007585' target='_blank'>http://www.gizmodo.com/archives/007585.php#007585</a><br /><br /></div>Peter from Gizmodo isn't just the master gadget finder, he's also a writer who gets published in Wired and other big time magazines. This week he needs our (well, <i>your</i>) help to research an article for a well known business magazine about the Microsoft Smartphone. This article will most likely be the first thing readers see about the Smartphone platform, and Pete wants to help them decide if it's the right tool for their needs. He wants to know what you love, what drives you crazy, and just about any other stories or tidbits you want to share. Post here, or post on Gizmodo by following the link.

Mike Temporale
07-16-2003, 08:31 PM
You know what drives me crazy: Not being able to pick one of these up in North America! :bad-words:

I could comment more if I actually owned one. :cry:

shareef
07-16-2003, 10:06 PM
He wants to know what you love, what drives you crazy, and just about any other stories or tidbits you want to share. Post here, or post on Gizmodo by following the link.

I love the fact that I can surf and email from anywhere :D
I hate the fact that I cannot page up/down in IE or Inbox :bad-words:

marauderz
07-17-2003, 07:29 AM
I hate the fact that
- I can't tell it NOT to save Sent SMS
- I can't enter a Space when searching for phone numbers
- I don't have flat rate GPRS... whoooppss.. that's not the phone's fault is it? :D

TANKERx
07-17-2003, 09:18 AM
What I like -
Informative homescreen

MSN Messenger

IE

Multimedia

Physical Size

Ability to update firmware

What I don't like

Doesn't handle low signal strength as well as other phones - drops calls too easily

Some text messages get scrambled on the phone before I read them (all I get is (*&£"(*^$"£"""()$)£($&"&()"£&$"&"")

Some text messages get lost if the phone crashes before I read them

Requires too many reboots

Can't always connect to the internet without having to cycle the radio

Often stops to think about stuff for no reason at all

No way of storing inbox items in folders (eg. Mails from Mum, Texts from Mr. Spoon)

No inbuilt GPRS counter

Dictionary keeps forgetting my words

I know there's some workarounds for many of my gripes, but I shouldn't have to work around a phone that should be working with me.