View Full Version : The Windows Mobile guy....

encece
07-15-2003, 08:20 AM
Go to the front page and look at the ad on the bottom/left for Windows Mobile. There's a guy with grey spikey hair, black turtleneck holding a PPC. (you may have to refresh for the ad to rotate in).

IS HE CREEPY OR WHAT!????

What's up with that look on his face? Who is he looking at...and what are they doing that's making him sooo mad!?

Here's my version of the story:
His name is Frank Henderson, but everyone just calls him Henderson. He has been working for his company for 12 years and has stayed at a pretty level position during that time. He always thought he deserved more but was being held back by management. The big boss has just retired. FINALLY! And the new boss has been announced. An outsider, 15 years his junior.

An assistant manager's position has opened up under the new boss and he only has one competitor for the job...Blake! His arch rival. "I must beat Blake", he said to himself.

To try to fit in, he get's his haircut all spikey...and throws on his full black wardrobe...to try to look a bit dark, a bit cooler, a bit younger. This little charade goes on for weeks. While taking notes on his PPC in the hallway. Henderson hears the new boss walking down the futuristic blue curved hallway...when out from the turn appears the new boss....AND BLAKE!

"Nice turtleneck Henderson!", sais Blake. "But you're gonna have to pull it up much higher to cover up the new doo of your's!". Blake and the new boss laugh heartily as they continue their walk down the hall. He can hear the new boss in the distance, his voice growing more faint, speaking to Blake, "Dude, I haaaaate turtlenecks!".

The camera turns to Henderson holding his PPC motionless.
(look at picture again.)

Sorry...I cant sleep and dont feel like commenting on anything else tonight! :D

Mike Temporale
07-15-2003, 01:09 PM
IS HE CREEPY OR WHAT!????

What's up with that look on his face? Who is he looking at...and what are they doing that's making him sooo mad!?

I agree! Everytime I see that ad, I stop and think something is seriously wrong with this guy.

I'm not sure that you have the right story. The ad is for WiFi & the new Windows Mobile 2003. So I think he's looking over at the WAP, and the tech guy who has just added his MAC Address to the blocked list. :twisted:

spg
07-15-2003, 05:23 PM
LOL! What a topic... :lol:

I hadn't ever really noticed him before... doesn't really bother me.