View Full Version : I want one BUT...

coreymcl
07-14-2003, 04:59 PM
I really want one of those new phones. However, the hardware design seems to be behind other smart phones already on the market. My last 4 cell phones have had Bluetooth. And my current one has a camera, not that I use it a bunch but still.

So I guess I will have to wait until one is announced that will have Bluetooth and a camera built-in.

You not heard of one have you?

Corey McLaughlin
www.pocketpcminds.com

ppcsurfr
07-14-2003, 08:33 PM
Well, I'm not too hot about the camera... the Tanager comes witho one anyway... But the BT... that is really needed...

I even thought I couldn't live without BT... until after I tried the Smartphone... Now I don't really mind that it doesn't have BT for as long as I can store my 650 contacts and hundreds and hundreds of SMS adn appointments...

Mabuhay! ~ Carlo

spg
07-14-2003, 10:13 PM
I agree... I don't think I would use a camera in a phone much, but I would use BT more than daily.

jenneth
07-14-2003, 11:02 PM
Yes, the lack of Bluetooth is sorely missing. But I mostly used Bluetooth with my Pocket PC to:
1. download email
2. chat on MSN Messenger; and
3. surf the net

I can do all of these on my SPV. Yes, the Pocket PC has a larger screen size, but the SPV has the advantage of one-handed operation. Many people scoff at the whole "one-handed operation" thing, but seriously, until you try it, you won't really know how convenient it is!

Of course, I still want Bluetooth, badly, even if just to be able to use a Bluetooth headset. But I've decided (after much deliberation, heh), that Microsoft Smartphone (and my SPV in particular) has enough to keep me going until the new models and OS update is released. No other type of smartphone (note the lowercase "s" there) will let me install applications that I'm familiar with from my Pocket PC usage, or even share data between these applications - eg Repligo, eWallet, ListPro, Outlook