View Full Version : How to activate key lock quickly.

ppcsurfr
07-13-2003, 12:31 PM
Of course you wouldn;t want your Smartphpone to make any unintended calls while it's tucked into your Pocekt or pouch.

To lock your keypad, simply press and hold the Red Phone button (End Call)

Your keypad is now locked.

Mabuhay! ~ Carlo

RDC
07-13-2003, 01:40 PM
Carlo, thank you.

Until your post I was slightly bent over how difficult it was to lock the phone with one hand (power button ->3). It was just awkward.

Thanks again for the tip.

ppcsurfr
07-13-2003, 03:35 PM
You're welcome.

Mabuhay! ~ Carlo

rbrome
07-13-2003, 10:30 PM
Ah! That is a great tip! Thanks!

ppcsurfr
07-26-2003, 09:26 AM
Ah! That is a great tip! Thanks!

I'm glad you found it useful.

Anyway to add to that, the Smartphone 2002 does not have any auto-keylock mode.

One way to go about this is to use one of the security features of the Smartphone.

Go to settings>Security

Go to Phone lock and set it to automatically activate in 1 minute.

After which enter your password.

enter a single digit if your only intention is to us it as a keylock and enter more digits if your intention is to totally secure it.

That's all ther is to it.

Mabuhay! ~ Carlo

jenneth
07-28-2003, 07:16 AM
One thing I've noticed though is that every time I key lock, I'm signed out of MSN Messenger. Is this a known phenomenon, and if so, is there a workaround?

smartphone2002.info
07-28-2003, 11:16 AM
I think the problem is, that by pressing the red phone button you also end all connections. And thats why you get signed out of MSN.

jenneth
07-28-2003, 11:56 PM
That's so dumb - so that means I can't have MSN Messenger on all day but also have the keylock on to prevent accidental button presses? :roll:

David McNamee
07-29-2003, 01:20 AM
so that means I can't have MSN Messenger on all day

Wouldn't that prevent any voice calls from coming in?

jenneth
07-29-2003, 01:31 AM
Yeah it would, but that's what voicemail's for :wink:

spg
07-29-2003, 02:59 AM
Yeah it would, but that's what voicemail's for :wink:
Yup, you've got it Jenneth. Who wants a phone for voice capabilities anyway? I mean, IM does everything you want right? :D

Robert Levy
07-29-2003, 03:14 PM
so that means I can't have MSN Messenger on all day

Wouldn't that prevent any voice calls from coming in?

If there is an incomming voice call, your GPRS connection is automatically shutdown and the phone rings like normal.

spg
07-29-2003, 11:18 PM
If there is an incomming voice call, your GPRS connection is automatically shutdown and the phone rings like normal.
Ahh... interesting. That is actually pretty nice... except that my IM buddies would wonder why I keep poping off of IM as soon as they call me. :-)

jenneth
07-30-2003, 09:44 AM
Just got this great tip from MoDaCo: To lock without logging off MSN, press the home key to go to the home screen, then tap the power button and select 3 (key lock).

Sweeeeeet! :multi:

joparp
08-21-2003, 03:08 PM
Anyway to add to that, the Smartphone 2002 does not have any auto-keylock mode.

One way to go about this is to use one of the security features of the Smartphone.

Go to settings>Security

Go to Phone lock and set it to automatically activate in 1 minute.

After which enter your password.

enter a single digit if your only intention is to us it as a keylock and enter more digits if your intention is to totally secure it.

That's all ther is to it.

Mabuhay! ~ Carlo

This works great for me. Now that's called auto keylock.

Cheers.