View Full Version : Modaco Reveals Details on Voyager (a.k.a. SPV2)

Jason Dunn
07-08-2003, 07:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?p=253350' target='_blank'>http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?p=253350</a><br /><br /></div>"The HTC Voyager *looks* (in prototype form at least) just like a Tanager, but has an integrated camera and bluetooth. The prototype devices are running a pre-RTM build of the forthcoming update to the SmartPhone OS, often referred to as 'SmartPhone 2003', although the branding is likely to change to 'Windows Mobile 2003 for SmartPhone' before launch time (in line with the recent update to the Pocket PC Operating System). <br /><br />The integrated bluetooth will be a relief to many current SPV owners, and is made possible by the fact that the SmartPhone 2003 base level OS is likely to include native bluetooth support, as in Windows Mobile 2003 for Pocket PC, as well as a number of other benefits, such as in ROM .NET Compact Framework, as recently demo'd at Microsoft's 'Tech Ed Europe' event."<br /><br />Wow. 8O Based on specs alone, this makes the release of the E-100 (Tanager) a non-event. Everyone, myself included, is going to want this phone. Camera? Bluetooth? Come to pappa! 8)

David McNamee
07-08-2003, 07:21 PM
Let me be the first with the bitter, "I'll believe it when I see it in North America" post.

It sounds like it could be a great device, though. It does rather dull my enthusiasm about AT&T releasing the Tanager :cry:

ppcsurfr
07-08-2003, 07:26 PM
Well, the mock up shows that the front is very much like that of the Tanager... It's all in te back that has changed... a different battery, top end and te camera sitting in the middle...

I actually like it... ;)

Mabuhay! ~ Carlo

JonnoB
07-08-2003, 07:30 PM
Let me be the first with the bitter, "I'll believe it when I see it in North America" post.

It sounds like it could be a great device, though. It does rather dull my enthusiasm about AT&T releasing the Tanager :cry:

I hope your bitter response is unwarranted, but sadly - you are probably right in that it will be a long time before we see something like that available from any major US carrier.

rbrome
07-09-2003, 03:36 AM
This is great news. I have a Tanager, and I swear that just the other day I was thinking what a perfect phone it would be if only it had a built-in camera and Bluetooth. Those features are the two main things that keep drawing me back to my Nokia 3650.

It's refreshing to see a company consistently refining a design, instead of just creating random new designs. It sounds like very soon HTC will have honed the SPV into the perfect phone!