View Full Version : How did you hear about this site?

pocketpcdude1024
07-07-2003, 04:40 PM
I actually stumbled across this site when I went to this page:
http://msmobiles.com/news.php/939.html

It linked to SmartphoneThoughts.com, and now I'm here! :D

As a side note, what do you think about msmobiles, Jason? :? They appear to have a very low opinion of you...

ppcsurfr
07-07-2003, 04:50 PM
Emotional...

Sometimes explaining things can clear up the air...

Mabuhay! ~ Carlo

Mike Temporale
07-07-2003, 08:50 PM
Wow, I've never been to that site before, but they seem very childish. :? I don't think I'll be going back there again.

I'm glad to have found this site :way to go: Which I found from PPCT.

freitasm
07-07-2003, 09:20 PM
Found this on the usenet. nntp://news.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.smartphone.

Jason Dunn
07-07-2003, 10:22 PM
As a side note, what do you think about msmobiles, Jason? :? They appear to have a very low opinion of you...

I try to avoid thinking about msmobiles.com, and Jacek (J P Z R), as little as possible. He's not worth it. :roll:

Jason Dunn
07-07-2003, 10:42 PM

Really? Who posted about it? I was waiting to surprise you guys there... ;-)

Mike Temporale
07-07-2003, 11:32 PM

WhatsNext (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14624&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0) posted on it in Just chattin' today.

People are just paying to much attention to you!! Gotta move quickly. :wink:

freitasm
07-07-2003, 11:33 PM

I try to avoid thinking about msmobiles.com, and Jacek (J P Z R), as little as possible. He's not worth it. :roll:

That's harsh... But I've read some of his posts on newsgroups and, boy, he's a character (in the sense of bashing everything and everyone). But this is OT :lol:

By the way... Jason, the background colour in QUOTES is the same as the forum background schema, so quotes don't show up very well...

Robert Levy
07-08-2003, 12:24 AM

Jacek, of course. :roll:

CTSLICK
07-08-2003, 02:01 AM
1st post thanks!

And I found about this site via an PPCThoughts email blast 8)

Now we'll see in Smartphones have something that I need...versus something that I want :twisted: :wink:

jmbneaf
07-08-2003, 02:34 AM
Pocket PC Thoughts of Course!

-JB

RDC
07-08-2003, 03:17 AM
Pocket PC Thoughts.

It's utterly perfect that this site just launched. I expect to receive my I-Mate from Arn any day now and have been very disappointed with the MS Smartphone sites available to date.

I look forward to subscribing to SPT as soon as services are available.

Thanks Jason.

David McNamee
07-08-2003, 05:16 AM
The RSS feed from PPCThoughts!

ppcsurfr
07-08-2003, 09:10 AM
There was this voice... I was hearing this voice... and it told me to type in www.smartphonethoughts.com

And I was brought here...

Mabuhay! ~ Carlo

encece
07-10-2003, 04:33 AM
PPC Thoughts....though I've been a very infrequent visitor in the past 6 months...But I'm back to being a fan of both sites! Thanx.

Kati Compton
07-10-2003, 06:35 AM
Am I the only one that thinks Jason Dunn should have a consistent avatar across the different Thoughts sites? I'm looking at Spidy, but I'm thinking of Wolverine.... It's almost as confusing as on PPCT seeing Pony99CA... His name is Pony, but the avatar is a pig... ;)

Mike Temporale
07-10-2003, 01:19 PM
Am I the only one that thinks Jason Dunn should have a consistent avatar across the different Thoughts sites? I'm looking at Spidy, but I'm thinking of Wolverine.... It's almost as confusing as on PPCT seeing Pony99CA... His name is Pony, but the avatar is a pig... ;)

Well, at first Jason did have Wolverine here. However he changed it recently. Some of us are using the same avatar which is nice because you know it's the same person. In Jason's case, I think the different avatar is more of a way to indicate that this is a different site with a different focus.

Personally, the Spiderman doesn't look as cool as Wolverine. I think he needs a better picture of the web slinger. :wink:

Hyperluminal
07-15-2003, 11:32 PM
I heard about this site from... Jason. ;)

Boy, I guess msmobiles has a hard time dealing with competition. :roll: I love those "clever tricks" they list that Jason uses on PPCThoughts. Yep, how dare he have other people help him write news! :lol:

By the way, I don't mind Jason using a different avatar here, as long as he keeps the whole Marvel Comics theme... :D

Oh, not to go further OT, (besides, there's no site comments section) but I was wondering why the button to register here says Subscribe. It's kind of confusing...

spg
07-16-2003, 01:49 AM
I heard about it on PocketPCThoughts (of course), which I visit daily. Great job Jason and team have done on both sites here.

TANKERx
07-25-2003, 10:58 AM
I heard of this site from MSMobiles also.

Having crossed swords with the owner of that site (why do people who run a site alone constantly refer to themselves as 'we'?) on many different frums, I'm convinced he's either having a laugh or has a genuine medical/emotional issue that needs dealing with and so shouldn't be the subjec of jibes, especially in a forum where he can't defend himself.

Anyway, whatever people think of him, he does get insider information that nobody else seems to get. I for one wouldn't share my last Rolo with him, but he gets the info and he can't be knocked for that.

My main site for SP news is Smartphony (translated through Google because I only speak English and Welsh). Of course, my faveourite site of all has to be allaboutsymbian, but that's on the 'other side' :wink:

Honda_Civic_Si
10-10-2003, 11:31 PM
Jason is a person full of hatred and lacking any tollerance or understanding for other people. He is also constantly and quickly removing any negative postings from forums of his websits and thatīs why one can notice only one sided view of reality at his sites.

Hmm. If they hate Jason so much, why do they have him as a MVP? You can also notice that they have very bad grammar, read what they wrote about him.

Oh, and I think Jason likes Marvel Comics, a boyhood thing :wink:

-Justin.

I heard about this site from PPCT!
I like this orange theme WAY better though, not as cold as it is over at PPCT!! :D

TopDog
10-11-2003, 01:30 PM
Pocket PC Thoughts of Course! Same here!

Heard about it a while ago, but never used it before now, because I just now own my own SmartPhone :-)

Hope this site grows like PPCT has :-)

TopDog
10-11-2003, 01:32 PM
I like this orange theme WAY better though, not as cold as it is over at PPCT!! :D

I love the blue theme PPCT has, and like this orange/red theme just as much! I loaded the theme on my SmartPhone, and it works great :-)

Honda_Civic_Si
10-28-2003, 03:02 AM
I dont have a smartphone, I dont think I really need one, maybe in the future! :D