View Full Version : Dialing and SMS shortcuts

ppcsurfr
07-06-2003, 08:53 AM
This is a simple thing that actually was carried over from the Pocket PC.

When you select a contact from the home screen by simply tapping on the corresponding numeric keys to form the contact's first or last name (T9), a list of names come up. Simply highlighting the particular contact to be calles or to be SMSed, you can move the joystick left to right to change the intended number to be dialed. No need to go into the detailed list which is time consuming. Simply move the joystick left to right to cycle through the fields, h, h2, w, w2, m, sms etc. Once selected, a simple push on the joystick (action button) will dial the selected number.

If SMS is selected, it will automatically bring you into the integrated inbox to create a new message.

Mabuhay! ~ Carlo

encece
07-08-2003, 03:29 AM
Hey! I've been using my phone for some months now and didn't know that little trick! THANKS! Very helpful!

ppcsurfr
07-08-2003, 08:54 AM
You're welcome.

Mabuhay! ~ Carlo

crypto
09-02-2003, 03:59 AM
Hi Carlo!

I tried your tip to my SAP but it didn't work for me.

I tried this procedure:

1. Go to Contacts
2. Select contact, move my joystick to SMS
3. Click Action button

Result: Contact detail window appeared instead of integrated create SMS.

ppcsurfr
10-05-2003, 03:41 PM
Hi Carlo!

I tried your tip to my SAP but it didn't work for me.

I tried this procedure:

1. Go to Contacts
2. Select contact, move my joystick to SMS
3. Click Action button

Result: Contact detail window appeared instead of integrated create SMS.

Never did I say go to Contacts.

I said type out the name of the contact while on the home screen. That means, while on the home screen, type out 22756 and the name Carlo will be highlighted, select this name using the joystick and then select the means of contactign the person.

Mabuhay! ~ Carlo