View Full Version : Where do you get your ring tones and home screens?

Robert Levy
07-01-2003, 12:56 AM
When you're looking to add some personal flavor to your Smartphone, where do you go to find the best selection of ring tones and home screens?

Will
07-02-2003, 07:15 PM
Homescreens:
usually see a new one on modaco.com or if i'm bored i'll browse smartphony.org for something 'quirky', but personally the idea of changing a homescreen daily has lost it's novelty.

Ringtones:
Again the sites above, but also i'll take them from the net and convert to my satisfaction.

Will

Jason Dunn
07-04-2003, 08:03 PM
I'm planning on making some cool ringtones using Acid 4.0 and offering them for download right here. 8) Just gotta' find the time to do it...

pdantic
07-04-2003, 11:51 PM
Being a classical music buff, I quickly went out to The Classical Music Archives and pulled down some MIDI files to use for ring tones:

http://www.classicalarchives.com/

Some of these files are quite nice, although there are some horrible MIDI transcriptions as well...

ppcsurfr
07-06-2003, 09:25 AM
Well, Filipinos love these things... Home Screens and Ringtones...

How do I get them? Beam them over... :P

Hehehe... well most of the time, I actually just make my Home Screens, and as for Ringtones/alerts, look for the unusual... friends are a great source for these things.

Can you believe my SMS tone now is called Psycho! It starts of with a scream and the familiar eerie dan dan dan dan.... :wink:

Mabuhay! ~ Carlo

Chris Glenton
07-06-2003, 10:50 AM
The homescreens (themes) I use I tend to get from MoDaCo - ringtones come from Smartphoneclub.net (only use one really, "boing" :)

ppcsurfr
07-06-2003, 11:01 AM
It's not really a problem with the Smartphone as it supports WAV files...

A good ringtone though should be clear, loud enough, and small.

Go for a good balance.

As for the Homescreen themes, try experimenting on graphics, and layers... XML editing is needed for this though... but the result is really rewarding... after several minutes or hours of tweaking, you can end up with a unique Homescreen that evryone would want to have.

Try www.smartphony.org for really cool Homescreen themes.

Mabuhay! ~ Carlo

ivan21
07-06-2003, 05:55 PM
Hi All,

I do get my homescreens and cool backdrops from www.coolsmartphone.com.

Mabuhay!
Ivan

ppcsurfr
07-06-2003, 08:14 PM
Another cool site for homescreen themes is www.smartphonethemes.com.

Mabuhay! ~ Carlo

encece
07-08-2003, 03:43 AM
The thrill of HomeScreen skins has gone away for me.
The xbox was my favorite
I now just make my own standard screen with as many plug-ins as are available....hoping for more to come out.
http://www.encece.com/homescreen.gif

ppcsurfr
07-08-2003, 08:47 AM
@encece: If you check the msdn libraries on the homescreen documentation, you will find that you can fit in as much as 9 ic9ons in the MRU... your MRU seems to lean towards th left side... either a nudge to the right or an additional icon should help even it out. :wink:

Mabuhay! ~ Carlo

encece
07-09-2003, 03:49 AM
Thanks..why did you have to point that out?! :)
Actually...I think you can have alot more and they keep scrolling over as you can go beyond the limits of the screen width and height. and only that plugin line scrolls horizontally...not the whole screen!

Jason Dunn
07-09-2003, 05:17 AM

A little known fact: I gave him that domain. :D

ppcsurfr
07-09-2003, 04:58 PM

A little known fact: I gave him that domain. :D

Isn't that a nice reason why it's cool? :D

Mabuhay! ~ Carlo

shareef
07-16-2003, 08:13 AM
the built in "trill ring" is the perfect ring tone IMO.
subtle but effective.. :D

Simon D
07-23-2003, 10:28 PM
If anyone fancies some pretty cool ringtones, I've put quite a lot here on MoDaCo http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=66965 and have been doing quite a lot of requests over the last few weeks :D

swbuehler
12-16-2003, 04:38 AM
Being a classical music buff, I quickly went out to The Classical Music Archives and pulled down some MIDI files to use for ring tones:

http://www.classicalarchives.com/

Some of these files are quite nice, although there are some horrible MIDI transcriptions as well...

Sure, if you don't mind the fact that you are limited to five files a day unless you want to pay $25 per year.

SWB

TimeHunter
08-02-2004, 09:14 PM
Well, Filipinos love these things... Home Screens and Ringtones...

How do I get them? Beam them over... :P

Hehehe... well most of the time, I actually just make my Home Screens, and as for Ringtones/alerts, look for the unusual... friends are a great source for these things.

Can you believe my SMS tone now is called Psycho! It starts of with a scream and the familiar eerie dan dan dan dan.... :wink:

Mabuhay! ~ Carlo

Pinoy Smartphone users will love the www.airfagev.com site. It's in English, but is all Filipino flair.

ScottDe
10-27-2004, 07:11 PM
I found some stunning home screens here:

http://smartphone.kleinweder.ch/downloads/viewkat.php

I'm running "kl1wdr-Holiday" and it looks great.

Scott