View Full Version : Finally got Mango!

Don Tolson
10-25-2011, 04:34 PM
Well after almost 5 weeks of waiting (since the first announcement) and just over a week after it was 'fully released to everyone', the Mango update finally showed up for my unlocked AT&T LG Quantum last night, just as I was heading out from work. (Of course, I stayed!)

Looks pretty sweet. Definitely worth the wait, but I wonder why MS is stringing this out so long. There have been a number of threads in the Microsoft Answers forums about people having problems with the update, and a couple of bricked phones -- but I suspect that might be people being a bit too impatient. It does take about 1/2 hour to backup the phone and install both updates.

Anyone else still waiting for Mango to arrive?

PS -- Yes, I did try the 'force update' trick -- for HOURS -- but it never worked for me.

Lee Yuan Sheng
10-26-2011, 05:18 AM
Well after almost 5 weeks of waiting (since the first announcement) and just over a week after it was 'fully released to everyone', the Mango update finally showed up for my unlocked AT&T LG Quantum last night, just as I was heading out from work. (Of course, I stayed!)

Looks pretty sweet. Definitely worth the wait, but I wonder why MS is stringing this out so long. There have been a number of threads in the Microsoft Answers forums about people having problems with the update, and a couple of bricked phones -- but I suspect that might be people being a bit too impatient. It does take about 1/2 hour to backup the phone and install both updates.

Anyone else still waiting for Mango to arrive?

PS -- Yes, I did try the 'force update' trick -- for HOURS -- but it never worked for me.

Got mine long ago with the force update trick. Mango's nice. MS needs to move fast though, so hopefully the next big update comes by June/July 2012.

Sven Johannsen
10-26-2011, 05:25 PM
Got mine long ago with the force update trick. Mango's nice. MS needs to move fast though, so hopefully the next big update comes by June/July 2012.June/July 2012? We should be salivating at the leaks of WP8 at that point. Need an interim update in the spring, and at the very least maintenance releases periodically. There are things that need fixing.

bigskinny
10-28-2011, 03:37 AM
I am running an unlocked LG Quantum on ATT and still waiting for mango as well. My wife's ATT Surround was notified at the first mass distribution but I am still out of luck. I have spent hours trying to force it as well. Your post gives me hope...