View Full Version : Any good stream apps out there?

isilver
04-16-2011, 10:08 PM
Hey all,

I currently subscribe to hockeystreams.com and I can't find an app that will stream it for me. It's streaming live shows through http. It gives me 2 options to allow the streaming (silverlight and wmv). I can't stream it through any browser that I have tried to download and I can't find a single app that will let me stream it.

To make things worse my friend has an Apple Iphone and he can stream it without any 3rd party software installed. I know he has one upped me on this but maybe I can win one for the android if I could find an app that can do it. I have installed so many different players that i can't even list them all here. The closest I felt that I came was with a streamer called playon. It is software to install on pc. The only problem was that I would have to pay for this program and the script that works with hockeystreams.com. On top of that because it's streaming from my home server will only stream at 50k/sec. It's pretty lame.

Anyone have any idea on some top notch video streaming apps that will work with this site?