View Full Version : HD7S on AT&T Not Expected in Stores until July!

MadSci
04-14-2011, 05:39 PM
I just dropped by my local AT&T Store at lunch and spoke to the Manager about the HD7S. Now we all know AT&T Store Employees knowledge of AT&T's actual plans is - well - unreliable is a kind word for it. :rolleyes:

In contrast to my last visit 2 weeks ago when no-one there knew anything about the phone, this time she knew exactly what I was talking about and what the phone was. So someone has been updating them on it. She told me the store had received an email from "Headquarters" this morning regarding availability of new handsets, and the HD7S was specifically mentioned as not being expected in Stores until mid to late July. :( No info as to whether this represented their original plan or some kind of delay.

If this is true, AT&T has done it again, with their advertising hyperbole. Yes it is technically correct to describe April to July as "the coming weeks", but really, 3 months! By then we'll all be drooling over the prospect of dual cores and 3D phones with Mango pre-installed!

Perhaps they were taking a note from SEN John Kyle and this Promotional verbiage "Was not intended as a factual statement." :p

Those who wish to fantasize about such things might even speculate that this timeline is so stretched out because the HD7S will have Mango on board at launch.

Dream on! :cool:

MadSci