View Full Version : Email Client for Zune HD Now Available, Plus New Game

Jason Dunn
04-02-2011, 05:08 AM
<p>I can't be bothered right now to jump through the inane hoops that the Zune team demands for me to grab these new apps - signing out of my Canadian Live ID, exiting the Zune software, changing the Windows 7 region to USA, starting up the Zune software, signing in with my USA Live ID, grabbing the apps, then reversing the above procedure - but according to Zunited, there's an email application, a tower-defence style game called BBQ Battle, and an updated Facebook app. Go grab 'em if they sound interesting and report back.</p>

stlbud
04-04-2011, 01:43 PM
The e-mail client works with Windows Live (Hotmail), an Exchange server, and gmail. There is no provision for using a POP3 account.

Jason Dunn
04-04-2011, 04:34 PM
The e-mail client works with Windows Live (Hotmail), an Exchange server, and gmail. There is no provision for using a POP3 account.

Wow. Two years of waiting and there's no support for POP/IMAP? Yikes. :(

stlbud
04-05-2011, 01:04 PM
It's my understanding Win Phone 7 works the same way. You have to use your Live.com (Hotmail) account as a collecting point for e-mails. It works, by the way. I added one of my Pop accounts to Hotmail and can see it in a separate folder on Zune.

Jason Dunn
04-05-2011, 08:18 PM
It's my understanding Win Phone 7 works the same way. You have to use your Live.com (Hotmail) account as a collecting point for e-mails. It works, by the way. I added one of my Pop accounts to Hotmail and can see it in a separate folder on Zune.

No, that's not true. I've configured my Windows Phone 7 device to get email directly from the Thoughts Media IMAP server. There is no intermediary.