View Full Version : Tablets: "All-In-One" devices...without VOICE?!?

k1darkknight
03-11-2011, 12:54 AM
Okay, SERIOUSLY people...does everyone that gets a tablet REALLY want to carry a separate device around to make phone calls? (Yes, I know you'd need a BT earpiece, but I consider those "accessories" not "devices")

When I was shopping for a phone that met my needs (okay, wants), I waited a year or so for T-Mobile to release the Touch Pro 2, after looking, hunting, studying, and comparing probably a dozen or more phones. And now Microsoft drops WM for Windows Phone Noob - I mean 7 - but that's a different gripe. (sorry...A.D.D. moment)

But really, WHERE are the tablets that have EVERYTHING, including VOICE?!? I mean, the european version of the Samsung Galaxy Tab has voice. My understanding is that even the US version has the hardware for it, but it's crippled out at the OS or driver level. Don't get me wrong...I REALLY want a tablet (an Android one, of course), but if I'm gonna spend the kind of money they're asking for one, then by god, it's GOING to have voice calling. Until then, I'll stick with my TP2.

Does anyone know of anything coming out this year, that is actually expected to have (cell phone-based) voice capabilities? I hate waiting, but I'd hate even more to get a tablet, and not have it able to do everything I want it to. Right from the start (I'm looking at you, Motorola). Anything "coming soon"?

Lee Yuan Sheng
03-11-2011, 07:11 AM
I might, but I'm in Asia, so guess what happens when said tablets make the trip to USA...