View Full Version : So long, and thanks for all the fish...

Rob Alexander
02-08-2011, 12:31 AM
Jason and I started using Windows CE devices at the same time. We chatted in some forums as we both chose the Velo 1 over the other early options from Palm. I have used a Windows CE / Palm-sized PC / Pocket PC / Windows Mobile (thru 6.5) device continuously ever since, and enjoyed every iteration of Jason's various forums for talking about them. But no more.

Today, I turned off my HTC Imagio for the last time, and activated my Verizon iPhone. I am sad to leave WM behind -- I still think it was an excellent product -- but MS abandoned the platform, which had already died from years of neglect, so it was time to find a new platform. I have been impressed with the smooth operation, and simple, clean UI of my iPad, so I turned to the dark side for my phone as well. There will be some great synergies from sharing apps and data between the two.

I considered a WP7, and have been reading the forum every day, but I just don't find it compelling. Anyway, this post is a thank you to Jason for all the work you've put into keeping us WM users informed for all these years. It was a lot of fun.