View Full Version : have a Motorola XT720 milestone

Lucy
02-06-2011, 05:15 PM
My sister very generously gifted me this phone and at first, I didn't know quite what to make of it. I am a long time WM user and am currently using the Nokia E71 which I love. My first reaction is what the heck am I going to do with an android device? I have been struggling through for about 2 weeks now, resisting the urge to go back to the E71, and I think we are beginning to have a relationship happening. This phone is crazy fast on wifi and I have yet to use the data plan. I downloaded a few apps to make my transition easier, a business calendar , ereader, flashlite, weather app and can't remember what else. The display is incredibly bright and responsive to the touch. I had to get used to no qwerty keyboard. (I still miss it) The 8mp camera is kind of hit and miss. I have taken a few pics with it and maybe I just don't know how to use it properly yet, but, some are quite grainy and others turn out very good. Who knows? I will have to play more with all the things this device can do. The phone clarity is as usual with Motorola, very clear and strong signal, so that was a great surprise. I was disappointed at the inability to sync with outlook, so I had to trust my data to "the cloud". I back up every night to my laptop, as I am not totally convinced that I can trust "the cloud" not to lose 600 contacts and a year of appointments. A good decision on my part, as I cannot always get my schedule to show on google calendar. I love the way I can see all my sms conversations with a person. So far, I am becoming quite fond of this device, but, am still struggling with wanting something familiar such as, nokia or a new wm device. I can upgrade my existing nokia with an N8 and am still undecided. Just wanted to share my first experience with an Android. :)