I tried them, it did not work, the handset tells me to verify that i have network coverage. The strange think is my hand set shows the G at the top and on the front face of the handset, so i know it is set up for data services.
Do you have to do anything special after you change the settings to make them take or anything?
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn
Originally Posted by SmartbrothA
I have an MPx200 and am trying to configure data services and wap. I am also on Fido. Could you please post detailed instructions on how to configure
I can tell you how to set up GPRS, but not WAP - I've never configured WAP nor do I plan to (I think it's useless). Here's how you'd set it up for Fido:
1) Start > Settings > More > Data Connections
2) Menu > Edit Connections
3) Go into GPRS Connections
4) Menu > Add
5) Put in a description such as Fido GPRS
6) Connects To should be set to The Internet
7) Access point is internet.fido.ca
8) Username: fido, Password: fido - don't change anything else
9) Click DONE
10) Click DONE
11) Everything should be set to AUTOMATIC or Fido GPRS
That's it! Once you configure the main connection, everything from Pocket Internet Explorer to Pocket Inbox will use that same connection.